1.Q: How can I request alteration for online purchase?
A: If the product is eligible for alteration service, there will be an option to choose the alteration type and length for alteration.
Here is how you request online alteration service.
1. Select the Product colour, waist size & length of the item you want to alter.
2. Now select Stitch type from the drop down box
3. Select your desired alteration length from the drop down. This will be the length you want your pants cut to
For more information about how to request alteration for online purchase, click here
2. Q: What type of stitches are available?
A: The stitch types available will be shown on the product page, if you can’t find a certain stitch in the drop down, it means that the stitch type is not available for that product.
Generally, UNIQLO offers Visible (Lock) Stitches and Hidden (Blind) Stitch. For more information regarding the type of stitches that suit your pants, please click here
3. Q: How can I request alteration for store purchase?
A: You may visit any store to request for alteration service. Please bring along your physical purchase receipt during your store visit. Alteration time may vary, based on the alteration volume in the store on that day.
4. Q: How do I measure the length?
A: Before you select your alteration, be sure to know your exact measurements, as we are unable to accept returns or exchanges for altered products.
For instructions how to measure the pants length, please kindly check here
5. Q: What item is available for alteration service?
A: Our alterations service are available for selected bottoms only. This includes denim, chinos and leggings pants.
Alteration is NOT available for the following products:
1) Short Pants
2) Jogger Pants
3) Ultra Active Pants
4) Warm Lined & Pile Lined pants
5) Lounge Bottoms
6) Skirts & Dresses
7) Non-UNIQLO Products
6. Q : Do you offer pants tapering?
A: No, we only provide service for length alteration.
7. Q: What is the delivery lead time for online alteration?
A: For online purchase with alteration, the delivery lead time will take an additional 1 working days from the estimated normal delivery lead time Once your online order is ready for shipping, you will receive an email with NinjaVan’s Tracking number.
8. Q: Is there an option to lengthen the pants or undo the alteration?
A: We do not offer lengthening service. We will cut the pants directly to the appropriate length when requested for the alteration service. Once the pants is altered, they cannot be lengthened further or undo the alteration.
9. Q: Can I request for a second alteration on the same pants?
A: Yes, if you need to shorten your pants again after the first alteration, you may visit our UNIQLO stores and request for another alteration. Kindly bring along your receipt/ invoice as a proof of purchase. Our store staff will assist you. Additional alteration fee will be charged for second alteration on the same pants.
To see our alteration fees, please click here
10. Q: Do your store accept alteration service for the pants that I purchased from online?
A: Yes you can. Please visit any of our UNIQLO stores and ask our staff for assistance. Kindly bring along your invoice as a proof of purchase. All our Uniqlo outlets offer alteration service, so you can come to whichever store that is most convenient for you. Please keep in mind that not all pants are eligible for alterations.
11. Q: For store alteration, do I need to have my pants pinned?
A: If you do not know your desired alteration length, you can try them on in our store fitting rooms and have one of our staff members pin them for you at your desired length. Alternatively, if you know exactly what length you would like your jeans/ pants to be altered to, you can inform our staff member your desired length at the cash wrap area when they issue you the alteration slip.
12: Q: Do you offer alterations on non UNIQLO jeans and / or pants?
A: Our alteration service is exclusively for UNIQLO jeans and pants only.
13. Q: I've purchased a pair of UNIQLO jeans/ pants for quite a while now and have decided that I would like to have them altered. Is this possible?
A: Yes, you are able to. Kindly bring along your receipt and pants to any UNIQLO stores for alteration.
14. Q: How long will I have to wait for an alteration in store?
A: Time may vary from store-to-store. We always try to offer a same day service where we can, but this is dependent on the volume of alterations a store has to do within a day. Kindly check with a cashier staff member for how long it will take for your alteration to be done. They will be able to advise you.
15. Q: Can I request return or exchange for altered pants?
A: Products that have been altered are not eligible for return or exchange. In the unlikely event that you have received incorrect or manufacturing defect product(s), you may contact our customer care team via phone or email us for assistance.
16. Q: How do I remove the alteration from my item before I checkout - I have changed my mind?
A: You can login to your UNIQLO account, then open your shopping cart (as seen on the symbol below).
You can click “X” to remove product which has been marked as altered product on your shopping cart. Afterwards, you can input back the product to your shopping cart.
17. Q: What if there is an issue with the length or alteration?
A: If you have any concern with your item and how it was altered please contact our Customer Support team for further assistance with your order details.
18. Q: Can my online purchase be altered by your in-store teams?
A: : Yes, if you wish to have your online purchase be altered, please visit the store directly and kindly bring along your receipt and pants to any UNIQLO stores for alteration. Please note, we can not send you ordered items to our stores directly.
19. Q: How long will it take for my items to be altered?
A: Please allow an extra 1 day for our team to complete your alteration for online order. As soon as it has been completed and your order is on its way to you we will send your tracking details. To see our online order delivery estimation, please click here.
For store alteration, the alteration estimation depends on the store capacity for that day. You can ask our store staff for the estimation.
20. Q: Can I send items to your online store Warehouse to be altered?
A: No, we do not accept alteration service in our Warehouse. We suggest you to visit the store directly and kindly bring along your receipt and pants to any UNIQLO stores for alteration. Our store staff will assist you with the alteration.
21. Q: I am unable to measure myself for online order's alteration. If the measurements are not suitable after I receive the item, can you change the alteration?
A: We will do the alteration with the length of pants that you confirmed to us. If you selected the incorrect measurement and a further shorten is required, you can take your items to one of our UNIQLO stores to request a further alteration at a cost. Please be noted that once an alteration is completed it can not be lengthened again.
Furthermore, additional alteration fee will be charged for second alteration on the same pants. Please click here to see our alteration fees.
Online Orders & Shipping
Membership / Coupon
Products & Availability